combis v gravity ( and engineers )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who are contributing in a solid manner to this thread, please do not feed the trolls.

Sponsored Links
If you have ever worked on any big commercial job, which I doubt from your response, you will find that the procedure is as I laid out.

The procedure that you stated is the narrow minded policy that seldom produces a sucessful result to the project.

One of the best graduate intake engineers I met was involved in reconfiguring production lines to increase efficiency and/or flexibility to run a variety of products. He made a specific point of talking and listening to operators on the production line and factory maintainance staff to learn the whole picture into which his new design wpould have to fit.

You ( Hard work ) appear to be very narrow minded.

Bernard, that is how it done in large commercial buildings. I have worked on many large office blocks in London. Many engineers will be in contact with the hands on guys as work progresses (usually the foreman of a team) to ensure all is going right, making any changes liaising with them. These changes have to be in the as-built drawings.

You will find the large boilers will be piped up from the gas meter by non-GasSafe pipe fitters. A GasSafe registered man will turn it all on then commission.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Many engineers will be in contact with the hands on guys as work progresses to ensure all is going right

A good engineer will be in contact with the hands on guys well before the design work is started.

I wasn't going to say this but you make it necessary.

I have had dealings with many "graduate engineers" who came straight from university into a company on a "graduate entry schemes". Many assumed that having a degree made them a worthwhile person. Most of these were of no worth for several months until they have learnt the realities of life in the factory. If anything many were a negative worth given the amount of mentoring, re-training and real world education that non graduate staff had to provide to them.

I will admit to having allowed some of them to make a complete fool of themselves in the eyes of senior management before correcting them, that was the only way they were going to learn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back