Comedy moment from a 1920's black and white film

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so it doesn't count as a "DIY" disaster cos I wasn't doing it, and the guy is a professional (as in "charges money") decorator.

We have the afore-mentioned decorator in, doing the hall. He's upstairs, painting the ceiling, on a step ladder at the top of the stairs.
My wife is in the study, working away, when she hears "f*ck" / crash / bang / "F****CK!!!" / clatter / squelch / pound / pound / pound / crash.

Transpires he's come down the step ladder and stood in a newly opened 10litre tub of white paint. **leaps** out of the paint pot, which causes it to fall over and roll down the stairs.
Luckily (<---ironic) he has a dust sheet down the first flight of stairs, which barely contains the 10 litre onslaught. Unluckily, he panics and scoops up the dust sheet (now, of course, 10L heavier than it was a few moments ago) and runs down the next flight of stairs, into the hall, and out the front door.
Where he deposits the sodden dust sheet on my lawn.

So, two halls, one landing, two flights of stairs, some outside steps. And the front garden. Semi-painted.

He's paying for our replacement carpet. The grass will grow back, I guess...

Sponsored Links
Yep - but he was supposed to do another room and only came back and finished that a couple of weeks ago!

Not sure we'll be using him again... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back