Complete CH install advise.

A genuine question, why refer to "increasing the CO2%" without saying which method you are suggesting.

The percentage of CO2 in the exhaust gas can be increased by

EITHER

increasing the gas flow rate and leaving air flow rate un-changed

OR

reducing the air flow rate and leaving the gas flow rate unchanged
"Which method you are suggesting".....what a strange question to ask..
Do you know what the effects would be when increasing CO2%?

Sponsored Links
Do you know what the effects would be when increasing CO2%?

Increased CO2 would indicate the amount of gas burnt had been increased.

Increased CO2 percentage would indicate there had been a change of ratio of gas to air in the combustion process.

DISCLAIMER I thought Steelmason had written "" Another option being to increase CO2% percentage along with MRT in order to reduce the size of those mahoosive radiators you have.:eek::)""

Increased CO2 would indicate the amount of gas burnt had been increased.

Increased CO2 percentage would indicate there had been a change of ratio of gas to air in the combustion process.
That's not what I'm asking you.

DISCLAIMER I thought Steelmason had written "" Another option being to increase CO2% percentage along with MRT in order to reduce the size of those mahoosive radiators you have.:eek::)""
That's exactly what I wrote.
Have you any idea on the relationship between CO2% and efficiency with regard to the condensing boile?

Have you any idea on the relationship between CO2%
There is a complex algorithm for the CO2 processes in a combustion chamber when some of the water produced by combustion reacts with some of the CO2 produced by combustion to produce carbonic acid. No I do not fully understand these processes as I haven't been designing boilers..

It would be strange if Lewis Hamilton asked his race engineer to make the Mercedes create more torque by altering the emissions.

Sponsored Links
It would be strange if Lewis Hamilton asked his race engineer to make the Mercedes create more torque by altering the emissions.
The difference being that I don't feel the need to contact the appliance manufacturer in order to tweek combustion as I already know.:)
You are wayyyy off track as usual.
Let me ask you again...what would be the effects on the efficiency of a condensing appliance when altering CO2%???
The Internet won't be your friend on this one...
Do you get some kind of 'high' when posting on subjects that you know fook all about???
I do this for a living day in and day out FFS...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A genuine question, why refer to "increasing the CO2%" without saying which method you are suggesting.

The percentage of CO2 in the exhaust gas can be increased by

EITHER

increasing the gas flow rate and leaving air flow rate un-changed

OR

reducing the air flow rate and leaving the gas flow rate unchanged
This is all new to me so thank you for taking the time to post this little snippet of information.
For future reference how would I go about increasing the CO2% whereby the appliance utilises a 1:1 ratio gas valve???
I normally get away with restricting air intake @ terminal (C13 etc) or if appliance is on a B11/22/23 etc flueing arrangement then more often than not restricting plant room air supply or slowing mechanical air supply intake fan usually yields the results I'm looking for..

how would I go about increasing the CO2%

Sorry forum rules prevent giving gas advice.

I do this for a living day in and day out FFS...

Installing, setting up and repairing but designing ?. ( no I do not design boilers but I know a man who did )

The Internet won't be your friend on this one...

No but it enables rapid contact between friends, including one who designed boilers ( and other combustion devices ) for his living.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back