Best place to add radiator to CH loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This weekend I am tasked with adding a heated towel rail in our bathroom as it has no heating :cry:

So I have pulled up some floorboards to find the standard 22mm supply and return from the CH boiler comes upstairs and tappers into 15mm pipework. This 15mm pipework then runs to the first bedroom's rad and must also supply the 2nd bedroom.

My question is whether it is better to tee off the towel rail connection from the original 22mm supply and return or connect further downstream to the 15mm? The latter may be easier but will be troublesome to hang another rad off the narrower pipework? If I do go for this option is it valid to replace the 15mm elbow connections to the first bedroom with 15 mm tees to provide the additional towel rail connection? Or would it be better to locate the last rad in the second bedroom and add the additional connection there.

Thanks for the advise. Please point me to a webpage if this already described somewhere

thanks

Adam

Sponsored Links
Agreed,off the 22mm and if you have pressurised system don't forget to refill and vent correctly and you may need to balance the heating circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back