towel rail dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
towel rail in ensuite is stone cold. the boiler is providing heat to every rad in the house except for the towel rail in question.the main existing rads and pipework are 10mm.the rads in the two year old extension are supplied by 15mm pipework, where two rads work ok but not the towel rail on the same run.
the towel rail has been bled, it has two lockshields and these are cold as is the supply pipework to the valves.the floor of the ensuite is tiled. i wondered if the towel rail was ever connected but the owner assures me that he is 80% certain that it was connected as his missus overbalanced one morning and burned her arse on the towel rail.
any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Make quite sure both lockshields are fully open, then turn on the heating. Go around the house and shut down every other radiator, leaving just the towel rail on. It should spring into life, in theory

hi muggles ive tried that and it did,nt make any difference with the towel rail.left it for two hours having a go at it.its frustrating but i ll keep on at it its two months away from its first service and has a magnaclean fitted, what about doing the service earlier and check the filter?

Sponsored Links
Could be a blockage somewhere then. A service wouldn't normally include sorting this kind of thing out so you need to pre-warn your heating engineer you want it looking at or they won't leave enough time in their day for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back