Towel rail plus radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Small shower room and small bathroom. The room shape means there isn't enough space for one big radiator (big enough to have a towel rack above and still emit heat) but I've just realised there is enough room to put a towel rail in both as well as the radiator (which will hopefully improve the heat output from the rad cos it won't be buried in towels).
Currently there's a TRV on each rad. Should I plumb the new towel rail in series with the rad (so flow >trv>rad>towel rail>return) or in parallel (flow>trv>rad and rail> returns)? Pipework is 15mm copper.

Sponsored Links
Depends ..... all that will mean is that if you shut off the one upstream, it will shut off the one downstream. As long as it's not an issue to do that but makes it easier to pipe then no reason not to chain them.

Depends ..... all that will mean is that if you shut off the one upstream, it will shut off the one downstream. As long as it's not an issue to do that but makes it easier to pipe then no reason not to chain them.
Yeah that's the plan, both very small rooms, the 2 combined will come in at about 1400 watts. And thinking about it I should definitely parallel them (from the 1 valve) otherwise the 2nd in the chain will only ever see cool supply (trying to run flow at 55 odd). Pipework is easy (still got access under the floor in the bathroom), the shower room rail and rad share a corner of the room (where the pipework emerges) so I can put the trv in between the 2. And get it on the flow while I'm at it (bijou original installation boo boo, it's a bit noisier on the return than others on the flow, sings a bit when it's near setpoint).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back