Component Cables

Sponsored Links
To be honest, a cable is a cable. I'd start with the cheapest and (if necessary) work upwards. It's unlikely that you'll observe any difference - especially if the cable is short and kept away from sources of interference.

cpc.co.uk is a good place for cables. If you get your order in by 1800 it will usually come next day even on their standard delivery.

Sponsored Links
chris its for connecting DVD harddrive recorder to HD tv its about 1.5metres, i only have one place to locate the DVD and its tight at the back and if my 7 year old boy uses it and pushes it back the scart slightly pops out of the player, so if i can i want to do away with the scarts altogether

CPC is alright if you know what you're buying. They do sell an awful lot of tatt as well as the decent stuff. The other thing to watch out for is carriage charges and VAT. Small orders carry a £5.95 delivery charge plus VAT @ 20% on the whole total, so a £5 cable ends up costing over £13

This brings us to the next point mentioned in reply: "cable is cable"

There's a grain of truth in that but it's not the whole story. You certainly don't want to pay for is in effect a brand and some fancy packaging, but you don't want to waste your money on cheap rubbish either.

Brett71, this would be fine for what you need: link

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back