Concealed cistern (eg. Conceala 2) with short flush pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New member, please excuse the dumb questions..

We're trying to fit out a bathroom with some height contraints - specifically the worktop has to be less than 800mm heigh. We're also trying to fit a wall hung wc below it.

It seems that the standard WC frames from Grohe etc. don't fit (minimum 820mm height). Now we've found the pan-only frames, and the Armitage Shanks/Ideal Standard Conceala 2 dual flush cistern which I gather is good and has a perfectly acceptable face plate etc.

It looks like the body of the cistern itself is much shorter than the Grohe equivalent, so if we were to shorten the flush bend below it, we could fairly easily fit it in under the worktop. However, I'm sure that the flushbend plays some part in how well it flushes and wouldn't want to end up with a useless toilet.

Has anyone any experience of fitting a cistern low down to a wall hung pan, to get it under a worktop (say 750mm height allowing for flooring and worktop thicknesses)?

Sponsored Links
I cant see it being any different to a close coupled pan and cistern, it still hold 6L of water,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back