Concrete Dust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A few months ago I started a major re-furbish on my house, one of the things to be done was to install a new central heating system. The plumbers 'Chased in' the pipes across my concrete lounge floor, they did this using a circular saw, needless to say when I retured home I was nearly in tears at the state of my furniture etc. After all these months and many many hours of cleaning, using the vac. and breaking two because the dust clogged the motors I then bought some concrete sealer, applied it and when I started to vomit decided to read the instructions - it was then I found out it should only be used in a well ventilated area - anyway although the dust isn't as bad as it was it's still here.

Will laying a carpet with a very good quality underlay be the answer to my problems or will this dust eventually work it's way through to the surface?

Any solutions to this problem would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I would hire an industrial vac of some description, get everything out and give it a real good clean. You could seal the floor using a PVA solutiuon, this won't make you ill but will take longer to dry. I don't think covering up the dust is the solution.

Hi,

When I tried to hire an industrial vac and the man asked me what I wanted it for, he refused to let me have one because he said it would break the motor (Exactly what has happened to mine) I know I could have lied to him but then I would have been worried in case I did break the motor.

As for covering it up, I thought exactly the same as you, that it would eventually work it's way to the top, it was the decorators suggestion that I did that btw.

It looks as though I'll have a go at the other solution you've suggested and thank you very much for trying to help me.

Speak to www.pwm-sales.com. I bought one of their pre-filter cyclones to connect in front of my Henry. It's a good piece of kit. There are similar vacuum cleaners available for hire, and are used for raking out and chasing etc. I cut a chase in a wall in a sitting room, with all the furniture in the room, and just dust sheets thrown over, hardly a spec of dust on a wooden table which I left uncovered, and a really pleased customer. That's why I can charge for the job.

The pwm products you shold look at are the TV50e and the TV50 interceptor, unfortunately they're not on the website.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back