Concrete floors and radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :)

I am installing radiators in the downstairs using a 15mm drop down flow/return from the 22mm flow/return.

Because the downstairs has concrete floors I am left with the problem of trying to conceal the pipes.

My 2 options are 1) cut a channel in the floor or 2) run the pipework behind the skirting (but that will make the piping more troublesome I think)

Is it ok to run the pipes to the radiator using a short length of 10mm from the 15mm? Or will this reduce the performance of the heating? My thinking is that this will be easier to route from behind the skirting?

Any ideas?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Is it ok to run the pipes to the radiator using a short length of 10mm from the 15mm? Or will this reduce the performance of the heating? My thinking is that this will be easier to route from behind the skirting?

You will reduce the flow and it will be more hassle reducing down to 10 mm. Why not chase the plasterboard out behind the skirting. :?: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back