Concrete Sectional Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete sectional garage that i am intending to convert into a workshop BUT i have a minor problem. I want to change the flat roof to a pitched\apex roof. It currently has a corrugated asbestos roof supported with 30 x 30 x 3mm angle iron. The floor space is currently 20" x 10" and will be decreasing to 18" x 8". I was wondering what materials would be best to use, i.e. plastic\bitumen corrugated sheets, OSB (12 or 18mm)covered with roofing felt or exterior grade ply (also 12 or 18mm) covered with roofing felt? These would hopefully be supported by 50 x 50 x 5mm angle iron positioned at approx 900mm or 600mm centres. The angle of the roof will be around 18-20 degrees.

Is it possible to create a roof of this type using these methods and would the walls of the garage support the roof (especially the OSB or Plywood) and not be pushed outwards due to the weight?????????? :eek:

I have neva done a project of this type so PLEASE PLEASE be gentle wiv me

Thanx

LT :oops:

Sponsored Links
Your choice really and depending what you want the roof to look like.

As you never done this before, it might be an idea to have the gang roof trusses made for you, just give them the span length from wallplate to wallplate. As for roof covering, I have used metal sheet tiles effect on my summerhouse on my pre-cast slabs and it's a very light material, more info here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back