Concrete Staining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a landscaping project I have built a number of retaining walls using concrete blocks. I had the choice of using sleepers for a softer look but could not afford them. Although I can live with the colour and finish I thinkl that the overall effect would be improved by 'colouring' the walls. It seems that I have a choice between painting or staining. If I understand it correctly staining actually penetrates the concrete and hence there is no need to maintain the colour as you would with a painted wall as it eventually peels. What I have found on the net always refers to staining floors never walls. However concrete is concrete is concrete (all say aye)? So that is the question - will these stains work on my walls and mortar (a 5 to 1 mix). Any other bits of advice gratefully received. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
THanks for the advice. I spoke to Sandtex and they said that they would not be able to guarantee the paint not becoming 'blown' due to the moisture coming through the wall from the retained soil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back