Concrete/stone flooring upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just removed the old laminate/carpets floors in the house I've not long moved into and underneath there is like a stone or concrete flooring, I have never seen this before just wondering if anyone knew what it was and can it be removed/dig at for cableing etc because we need new plugs and lights downstairs and up. Btw this is upstairs flooring.
Thanks matt

Sponsored Links
If it's a newish house then it's probably a beam and blck floor with a decent screed over the top.

It's not likely to be cast in situ concrete in a domestic dwelling. Possibly filler joist if an older house bt again not likely.

If it's a newish house then it's probably a beam and blck floor with a decent screed over the top.

It's not likely to be cast in situ concrete in a domestic dwelling. Possibly filler joist if an older house bt again not likely.

It's a really old house, a good 150+ years old. What do you reckon? Hard and costly to replace?

Hmmm, interesting construction for a house of that age; any idea how thick the floor is?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back