Condensation inside roof space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been reinsulation my loft and noticed that there is a lot of condensation on the inside of the roof. (black felt type lining). I think the previous owner went a bit far and blocked up all of the eave space with fibreglass which i guess would have restricted airflow? I've managed to get most of this out, but can't get to it all as it is rammed a few feet down and have only reinsulated the 'flat' bit of the loft, leaving a gap at the eaves. The roof has three vents in the ridge, although one of them looks badly fitted in the extension part of the house. I boarded over one part of the loft (the space is split in two by a 2 foot thick wall with an access hole in it) an noticed drip marks on the boards. anything else I can do to stop the condensation. Some of the older supports are feeling soft.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
i guess its that time of year again... you could increase your ridge ventilation, also you could try putting a spacer in between the felt laps between rafters. you will be amazed at the breeze you can feel .. ventilation is good..

Sponsored Links
thank for the info. spacers... how long should they be? or does that depend on how big the overlap of the felt is? and how do i fit them? i'm clueless on roofs, i'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back