Condenser outlet - where to run it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a Baxi Solo fitted and the plumber ran the outlet through the external wall and down to ground level. I was intending to fit a soakaway 1m away from the house. I noticed on one of the posts that someone didn't recommend soakaways. I have a soil pipe (about 150mm diameter off the top of my head) running inside the kitchen so was wondering if it would be possible to run the condenser outlet across and tap into this. Is it ok? Anything to consider? I was wondering what fittings to use? The condenser outlet is 22mm I think. All replies gratefully received.
Cheers
Ted

Sponsored Links
perfectly ok to put it into a soil stack, any condensate pipe ran outside building should either be lagged with appropriate lagging or be 32mm .

Sponsored Links
you need a Trap if tapping into a soil stack, to prevent smells, the sort of fitting used for washing machine drains and sold at DIY shops and plumbers merchants will do it.

If you already have basins, sinks, washing machines etc going ito the stack you may be able to add to that, which is less trouble than making a new hole and strapping on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back