Conduit Types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone clear something up for me.

In table 4C of the OSG it refers to Rigid Metal, Rigid Insulating and Pliable Conduits.

Is rigid insulating the normal PVC stuff that you'd use a bending spring with?

Does pliable refer to Copex type flexible conduit?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
what you attacking me for?

rigid insulated is plastic conduit..

what's that got to do with copex or adaptaflex, who all make the spiral wound plastic coated metal that you linked to as well as flexible plastic?

MICC is not conduit.. so why even mention it in the context of the question?

Thanks for the answers.

The reason I ask is that last nights 2330 session was about bending plastic conduit.

The tutor asked us to refer to table 4C of the OSG and look that the saddle spacings, he then went on to say (while holding a piece of 20mm PVC conduit in his hand) that the spacings for pliable conduit were 400 horizontal and 600 vertical, this confused me a little because I didn't think pliable conduit refered to PVC conduit.

what you attacking me for?

rigid insulated is plastic conduit..

what's that got to do with copex or adaptaflex, who all make the spiral wound plastic coated metal that you linked to as well as flexible plastic?

MICC is not conduit.. so why even mention it in the context of the question?

I wasn't attacking you Coljack, I value you your knowledge and find your post most informative. Was not an attack, I promise you.
Call me naive, I wanted your thoughts on whether Mineral Insulated, could be, in it's form considered a rigid insulated conduit. But now I have taken time to consider my question, maybe I was naive in asking it.
Anyway the question was not aimed as an attack and I appolgize, if it was put in a way that made it appear that way.
Sorry Pal :oops:
I leave the attacking of forum users to others :!:
I'll get my coat :oops:

sorry, my posts were somewhat abrasive last night.. I was 2/3 of the way into a bottle of malibu by that time...

no, that's why I drink malibu and coke rather than rum and coke..
malibu has never given me a hangover.. yet the cheaper malibu clones do... strange that..

Never really touch the stuff, unless cocktails are on the agenda.
Anyway sound like I'm forgiven.
Just need to keep out BAS's way now :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back