Confusing boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, bit of a strange one.
I have a valiant eco tec 618 system boiler in the garage. 2 zones, plus hot water
Last week when it was very cold I noticed that when I turned heating on the boiler was not firing up enough to heat the system (flame bar roughly at 25%) - this only happened when the frost protection had kicked in prior to turning heating on. Would reset, wait to cool down, turn heating back on and it would then work.
Had engineer come out to take a look, seemed a bit confused, he then said the boiler had been set up in auto mode and that was the issue and he had now range rated it. However, since then boiler is now taking quite a while to get to flow when both zones plus hot water is on.
Finally, today had zone 1 on plus hot water then came on. Once hot water came on, again struggled to get to flow. Then just as was hitting flow hot water was turned off and boiler massively over shot flow to about 88 degrees and boiler cut out and went into anti-cycle mode (egg timer came on).
Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back