had a new boiler fitted not been good, any ideas/ thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a boiler fitted 3 months ago
ferroli optimax, with wireless stat.
first issue came when it was found the wireless stat was wired live into the outside sensor for the boiler (not meant to be 240 volt and in wrong place)
finally had that sorted.
if the boiler is in eco mode its on but i get no heat or hot water, if in normal mode i get heat (working with stat ) but hot water lasts 1 to 2 seconds then goes cold.
guy came again yesterday and now stat sends signal to boiler but does not change anything, boiler is either on full non stop in normal mode or on but not heat in eco mode (hot water is still not on)
Guy is meant to be coming back again tomorrow to try a new stat but just wanted to know if any of this issues are known.

Sponsored Links
I cannot comment on what you seem to be asking but usually connecting mains to somewhere its not expected will damage the PCB!

Tony

at one point the ferroli engineer came out (he found the problem with the stat he said he was surprised it had not damaged it. begining to think it might have. would that be expensive to sort. (although i think fitter should foot any costs)

Replacement RCBs usually cost around £130 !

I agree the installer who made that stupid mistake should pay for it. I would qwuestion if he could safely change it.

Is he CORGI registered and has he notified CORGI of your installation?

If you called the makers under the warrantee then I am surprised that you did not have to pay an attendance fee if it was an installers error!

Tony

Sponsored Links
he is corgi although had nothing back from them, his corgi number is filled out on the booklet, the ferroli guy was pretty good about it, he did not fix it he just removed wire and blocked them. i think if he thought the boiler was blown he would have been mine or fitters cost to fix it. to be honest its been a nightmare from start to finish (well its not finished yet)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back