New boiler fitted but All radiators go cold after a couple of hours??

your room thermostat is calling for heat, but the boiler is not getting the signal, you will have a small box wired to the boiler , this si the receiver post a pic so we can see the staus

Sponsored Links
I can't believe an installer has just fitted that system and left you to it. Have you no user leaflet/manuals for the boiler and the thermostat?

your room thermostat is calling for heat, but the boiler is not getting the signal, you will have a small box wired to the boiler , this si the receiver post a pic so we can see the staus
This is the only box I can see wired to the boiler

Attachments

• BE182991-CDD1-47C1-859E-3BE42A53DC2C.jpeg
    BE182991-CDD1-47C1-859E-3BE42A53DC2C.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
I can't believe an installer has just fitted that system and left you to it. Have you no user leaflet/manuals for the boiler and the thermostat?
Nope nothing, he only told me how to increase the pressure

I suspect only thing wrong is that the installer did not explain system to you! Turn thermostat up get installer back to run through controls with you.
I know how stupid it sounds. But what is the thermostat? And how do I turn it up?

The little white box, with the lcd stating 17 degrees. It was on the fireplace. Also if it’s set to site, it might be that you need to set it to manual, although photo you’ve posted appears to be calling for heat? Was it wired up as opentherm?

Now the radiators have just got warm??? the hole time the radiators have been ‘on’ via the boiler however they went cold after 2 hours now they are warming up again without me touching anything.

Did you adjust the trv’s (thermostatic radiator valves)?

I’m going to try find a manual online and figure it out because it’s confusing the life out of me. I appreciative everyone’s replies.

^ I’ve never adjusted the TRVS. They were installed with the boiler. They are set to 4out of 5 in every room and 2 In the rooms we don’t use.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The thermostat is as CBW advised above. The reciever is the white box near the boiler. The RT7RFplus is a fairly complicated controller and you should have been given the operating instructions / user manual ,but can download it. If it's too complicated for you to follow ,contact the installer,who should have gone over at least the basics with you. It seems that it may just be " learning" ,and adjusting to your comfort zones.

I've just tried reading the instructions and all I came away with was a headache!

Nowhere did it seem to tell me how to raise or lower the temperature.
The obvious would be to turn the dial.
If that doesn't work I'd be screaming at the installer for providing such a stupid thermostat.

I'm not sure Many installers would agree with the screaming bit though!!

I've just tried reading the instructions and all I came away with was a headache!

Nowhere did it seem to tell me how to raise or lower the temperature.
The obvious would be to turn the dial.
If that doesn't work I'd be screaming at the installer for providing such a stupid thermostat.

I'm not sure Many installers would agree with the screaming bit though!!
I’m struggling too haha, gonna give it a go and read through it.

So is the room temperature the temperature in which once reached the radiators will turn off ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back