New Radiator heats up fully then goes cold after 2 hours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler and have had a downstairs radiator replaced for a new one and an extra radiator added after that. All radiators heat up perfectly and after 2 hours at full heat the new radiator (not the extra one) goes cold. When the radiators were put in the whole system was flushed and protected and bleeded. The TRV has been replaced on the radiator in case it was faulty but to no avail.Is it a balancing problem? A radiator problem or a pump problem? Or is there anyway i can prove where the problem lies. Any ideas please, thanks, Clare :cry:

Sponsored Links
HI

simple balancing required

FED UP OF COWBOYS ?TRY INDIANS.

I have a combi boiler and have had a downstairs radiator replaced for a new one and an extra radiator added after that. All radiators heat up perfectly and after 2 hours at full heat the new radiator (not the extra one) goes cold. When the radiators were put in the whole system was flushed and protected and bleeded. The TRV has been replaced, Clare :cry:
Are you sure the new TRV isn`t shutting down the rad :idea: or is it fully open - could just be the old one was faulty and the room is now reaching set temp. then the trv shuts and rad goes cold ;)

Sponsored Links
This sounds like the TRV is switching the rad off. Try taking the TRV off or is it set to "unregulated"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back