radiator pipe cold after 2h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Worcester 42cdi combination boiler with 10 radiators during the first 2 hours the rad heating is good but after a while the front 2 rooms of the house 1st and 2nd floor loose the temperature to almost completely cold rad. The pipe valve is hot but the other rad pipe is cold and again after 2 hours start the heating but is not a constant heat as the other 8 rad. Why is that?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
when the rad stop heating the room is quite cold and it takes about 2 hours to heat again in other rooms the rad heat is constant
why one of the pipes is cold and the rad valve pipe is hot?

May need to balance the radiators, maybe pump run low speed. Try closing some hot radiators and see if cold radiator get hot, if do, balance problem.

I can't belived I have removed the trv head valve and fit it again and has start to heat. I don'y know if the problem was there but is heating now

Sticky trvs are often caused by dirt/corrosion, check that system is clean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back