connecting 28mm service valves to 22mm pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to connecting 28mm service valve to 22mm pipe. see pic, the 28mm service valve shown on the blue circle and the 22mm pipe show in the red circle. I am looking for flexi connectors that will give me 22mm compression from one end and 28 female from the other end to connect the pipe to the vales as shown in the green line. is there such a thing, and where to get it, if not what is the best to achieve the connection.

Attachments

• connction.jpeg
    connction.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
1. Have a look at https://www.pumph.co.uk/
2. Its not clear whether the 22 mm pipes are to be terminated below the proposed joints, or a tee is to be inserted.
3. If to be terminated, then as follows:
3a. Obtain hoses, with 28 mm compression one end and female 1" BSP fitting at the other.
3b. Use a short piece of 28 mm pipe to connect valves to compression end.
3c. Measure up where joints will be and cut 22 mm pipes (after isolating any supplies). Make sure flexis won't be kinked.
3d. Obtain 2 off 22 mm to 1" adapters, e.g. BES 9012
3e. Fit compression end of adapters to 22 mm pipe.
3f. Attach 1" BSP female end of flexi to 1" BSP male end of adapter. You will need thread sealant.
4. Things to watch out for:
4a. The pipes mustn't carry anything but water. The yellow handle suggests gas.
4b. Be sure the flexis are rated for continuous operation at the pressures and temperatures which will be involved.
4c. If the source of supply is the 22 mm pipes, fit full bore isolation valves, suitably rated, so that the flexis can be changed.
5. The above suggests a way of doing what you want to do. It is your responsibility to make sure what you are trying to do is safe and legal.

Sponsored Links
If it's central heating then don't use flexi's either, they're not designed for the temps and chemicals that are used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back