Connecting a Honeywell Detector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to connect a Honeywell Dt 7550a Dual Tech Detector to my existing Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 Alarm system,

And was just wondering where the connections go, on the panel there is only 2 connections out for alarm + and - and then the power as well, but on the Pir there is Power C Nc And EOL so was wondering where these connected to the alarm.

Obviously I know about the power. But the rest I am unsure about, anyhelp would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Matty

Sponsored Links
Panel + and - ???
There are zones marked 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The pair goes into one of them and they share a leg. So for example the pair would go into 1 and 2 for zone 1001 and 1002 would go into 2 and 3.

Detector, use the same pair, one leg in N/c with a 1k resistor, the other leg of the resistor in the C with another resistor going to T, then put the other wire into the other T.

Obviously the other pair for power.

Sorted.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just to reopen this, for zone 2 then would the same go but instead to connect the two pairs to 2 & 3?

Thanks

Matty

With the shared negative rail leg.
You DID say you understood this?

Oh yes I understood it because for zone one was a pir in my hall way for final exit and the rest were all wireless zones so I didn't need to know how, but now I'm just wondering if I added another detector for zone 2 which is empty. So was I right then it's just the same pattern over again ect?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back