Connecting Lights to a single switch

I don’t see how this can be done over the internet.

If it was easy the builder would have done it
Actually I know exactly how to do it over the internet ;) Wire in a smart relay to each and tell my hub when one is turned on to turn on the other.
However, id rather do it directly if possible!

Sponsored Links
That's not so bad. If the MCB's are fed from 2 different RCD's then one of the circuits should be able to be moved across so that one of the two MCB's is feeding both lighting circuits. The problem then is that if one goes off then the other will go off with it, even if there's a problem on another circuit fed from the same RCD. That's a decision that you would have to make, but would require a spark to move them over in the board as I wouldn't advise routing around inside the board unless you know what you're doing as it's a dangerous place to be.

Hmmm sounds like i'm a bit out of luck - given the spark was doing the rewire for the extension and we asked him I can't help but feel that this must be too tricky to be possible without major disruption...
Think i'll have to go my smart way then...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back