Connecting under counter fridge - really basic question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just bought an under counter fridge for a modern build. Company said £35 for connecting it;so I thought of doing it myself with some help. First time doing this :)

There's already a prepared connection under the counter (as in pic).
Should I be just connecting the three wires to the slots provided as in pic? Or is there some additional earthing or something that I should be doing?:rolleyes:

Thanks
Kate:)

https://i.imgur.com/ovvIYFY.jpg
ovvIYFY.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes, connect to the LN & E marked load on the plate.

You'll need to take the plug off the fridge.
Does the connection plate have a fuse on the front, or is there another fuse for it somewhere?

Sponsored Links
Agreed with using a normal socket if possible.

Something important that no one mentioned is to turn off all the power at the main board before touching anything.

Thanks to all! :)
Connected the wires to the open slots for the L/N and earth and ... no power! :(

Checked the red Live supply connection with a tester and there's no light in the tester. Does it mean there's no power coming in ? Checked the wires to make sure they are in the slot firmly and in place but no power in the red 'L' connection.

Does this need an electrician or can I do anything to get it going? Please...help! :)

I'm wondering whether the fridge only comes on at night...........maybe an old storage heater outlet in that modern house?

Thanks to all! :)
Connected the wires to the open slots for the L/N and earth and ... no power! :(
Now I am thinking, did you check for voltage before you did the wiring?
If no power, it is worth checking for above worktop or inside kitchen unit isolation, there could also be another fused connection in line with it, which would need checking for fuse.
I assume the position of this accessory is in a kitchen below a worktop?
Are all the other electrical outlets in the property working?
There is a chance that the outlet is on it's own circuit, so check at the fuse board for isolated circuit. Then there is also that chance, that it is or was part of an eco 7/stored energy supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back