Connecting viessman vitodens 050 to hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with connecting a new viessman vitodens 050 to a hive receiver. I’ve posted the book .
It’s looking like we connect it to D for opentherm on viessman and hive receiver
Connection 1 and 3 but i am not 100%.
Help appreciated.
D7A4306C-E677-4637-84B3-4FA254FFEDBF.jpeg

Attachments

• EA6BFC26-1052-498C-9786-2403D550919A.png
    EA6BFC26-1052-498C-9786-2403D550919A.png
    349 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Just wondering if the new hive system is opentherm or is it 240v switched ?

Just wondering if the new hive system is opentherm or is it 240v switched ?
Hive is just an on/off 'stat. It does not have Opentherm connections.
If you wanted to use it on your Vitodens, you would use these connections:
Screenshot_20230310-193203_Chrome.jpg

N to N on Hive
L to L
Add a link wire between L and 1 on the Hive
And connection 'B' on the boiler would connect to 3 on the Hive.

...but an Opentherm 'stat would probably be a better choice!

Thanks for this , most folk near where I live use hive and the gas fitter advised hive .
Although viessman advised me tado .
If I am not happy I can always change the control system.
Thanks again and I ll let you know how we get on ok. Appreciated .

Sponsored Links
Hi we are a tad confused, so to the hive receiver we need 3 core cable , from 1 on the thermal back to 3 hive , live on hive to L on boiler x96 , and N on hive to N on x96 , with a link between L and 1 on boiler x96 .
Thanks

Hi we are a tad confused, so to the hive receiver we need 3 core cable , from 1 on the thermal back to 3 hive , live on hive to L on boiler x96 , and N on hive to N on x96 , with a link between L and 1 on boiler x96 .
Thanks
No.

L from x96 to L on Hive
N from x96 to N Hive
using a small piece of brown wire (from 3 core excess) link L Hive to terminal 1 on Hive
B from x96 to 3 at Hive

All working now thanks :) not too pleased with hive , think i should have took viessmans advice and went for tado. However its working and we program schedules for the mrs.
Thanks again.

hardly Hives fault, they have never advertised that they support OT, you chose the wrong control if you actually wanted OT

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
No it was my choice probably should have researched it better, the boiler has ViCare but not really sure how that works.
Hive receiver and hub to pair are a bit fiddly, sure I ll get the hang of it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back