Vitodens 050-w Opentherm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Forum,

Looking to clarify if the Viessmann Vitodens 050-w supports Opentherm? I downloaded a datasheet from the website but couldn't see any direct reference to it being supported.

I would be looking to pair it with a Nest Thermostat.

Many Thanks. Mark.

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks for your reply. Really Appreciated. I see now where the Terminals referenced at "C" 1 and 2 would correspond with Nest OT1 and OT2.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have this model boiler (not the 050 with the black band across the bottom and WIFI). I've had a nest connected ever since this was installed and I believe it is installed in on off mode but my wiring on boiler seems to contradict the manual. Can anybody shed any light on what I need to do to switch this boiler to Opentherm and whether there is any other settings or links that need removing to get this to work. Info on net all seems to be based on newer model and I don't want to damage anything.
20220910_143516.jpg
20220910_143321.jpg
20220910_143258.jpg

Sponsored Links
Check the nest manual, mines a Tado and appears to work with opentherm.

Last edited:
To be fair the Nest is not the issue. It's more the lack of information in both the boiler manual and online. Plenty regarding the newer version of this boiler. Everything seems to point to the fact it will do it but no acctual instructions on what needs connecting where and or if any links need removing ect as the videos of the newer boilers show. As you can appreciate i don't want to damage either the nest or the boiler.

yer that’s fair enough, it looks the same as mine at the boiler end.

Surely if it were connected to OT at the boiler it would be OT on Nest?

I'd like to think so but I've got doubt in my head due to the more modern version of this boiler not only having a link removed (I think from memory) but also a setting changed in the menu when commissioning the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back