Connection of central heating boiler thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I try to avoid connecting up stats/timers to boilers at the best of times, so hopefully someone can help me connect up this programmable room thermostat to a friends boiler when it gets installed.
Here is the 5/2 Day programmable room stat connections (this is a volt free battery operated stat)

img063.jpg

And here is the wiring diagram for the Sabre HE boiler.

img062.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
With 6 way junction block the 1st and 3rd wires counting from left would go to 1 and 3 of thermostat. However with the new central heating system the temperature is normally controlled by the radiator TRV and not by a room thermostat.

Sometimes a thermostat is fitted purely to stop cycling in the summer months but of course the position is selected when it will heat up in morning sun rather than with room heat.

Switching off and on condensateing boilers can cause problems unless the lock shield valves are set correct. If not set correct one can get very long warm up times.

Thanks, i'll suggest just using the TRV's to control the heat and just use the pre installed clock.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back