Connection to stub stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a d/stairs loo with a stub stack next to it. The stack has a vent on the top.

I want to install a basin and shower in the room directly above and route the waste to the stub stack.

can anyone tell me if there are any considerations i need to incorporate?

i was gonna connect a 50mm pipe directly into the top of the stack and run the basin and shower into it via 32 and 40 mil branches. I was gonna take the 50 mil pipe into the loft and put a vent cap on it.

is this ok?

Sponsored Links
Are you suggesting, therefore, that you are going to replace the current four inch (110mm) vent with a two inch (50mm) one? You can't do that - it should be three inch minimum, and preferably you should retain the four inch, especially as you are adding to an existing system. The vent on the stack should be above the spillover level of the highest appliance, in this case your new upstairs basin.

I would have thought a superplumber would be supergood at what he does.

Sponsored Links
Ive got a d/stairs loo with a stub stack next to it. The stack has a vent on the top.
I reckon you don't, because It's illegal to have a soil vent inside a building.

I want to install a basin and shower in the room directly above and route the waste to the stub stack.
That would be foolhardy.

can anyone tell me if there are any considerations i need to incorporate?
The Building Regulations.

i was gonna connect a 50mm pipe directly into the top of the stack and run the basin and shower into it via 32 and 40 mil branches. I was gonna take the 50 mil pipe into the loft and put a vent cap on it.
What is this thing you call a "vent cap"?

is this ok?
No.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back