Conservatory base insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

Simple query I hope. I’m planning a conservatory for which I will lay a concrete base and would want to insulate a it.

My plan is to put a 100mm hardcore, 50 mm sand, DPM, insulation then 100mm concrete. This feels like the correct sandwich but what do I use as insulation?

Polystyrene seems to soft although would give excellent insulation, I found a heavy duty insulation which apparently has a “very high compressive strength” but it also says its for walls and floors?

Advice appreciated. Garry

Sponsored Links
Garry
My builders used 100mm Jabolite (basically polystyrene) on my new conservatory last year but if doing it again I would insist on Cellotex; it’s more expensive but is far superior regards insulation properties.

Sponsored Links
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the advice, looked at the Celotex site - loads of info. I think we'll go with that.

Garry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back