conservatory/dot dab/screed question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I would be really grateful for some advice on the following -

I am finishing off my mums lean-to conservatory and was wondering if I can dot and dab boards directly onto the back wall which is harled/pebbledashed without stripping it back to the brickwork. I had considered chipping it all off and lining it then screwing boards on as this would make it easier to fix sockets/lights and thermostat for heating

The other question is about the floor screed - there is a 100mm concrete base which I intend to use 75mm kingspan on top of, then underfloor heating (Hepworth which connects into radiator circuit) with a 75mm screed on top. I have searched the forum on laying a screed but can anybody give me advice on mix and screed additive - and what to expect - does it find its on level easily or does it require a lot of finishing?

Many Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
Tim
Can’t help with the floor screed but I’ve just finished a large conservatory with a 3.3m high apex roof. I used 30 x 40mm timber battens screwed directly to the wall; dry lined this with square edge board, taped & skimmed over the whole lot. I did this mainly because I wanted all of the service cables for a wall mounted plasma panel in a service duct, out of sight & terminating behind the panel. I also ran hi-fi speaker cables & the cables for the under floor heating stat. It’s been up for around 6 months & the south facing sun hasn’t caused any cracks; everyone comments how good it looks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back