bouncy kingspan and screeding

M

marsaday

i am doing UFH in the kitchen and have got to the stage of laying the visquene and 75mm kingspan sheets.

the boards are now taped up, but i am worried they are too bouncy and a screed of 65-75mm will not be enough to weight them into the cement floor underneath.

has anyone got any advice. will this quantity of screed weight the boards firmly? i have done a concrete screed in the past and had the same problem, but i was laying 100mm and this weighted down the boards no problem.

Sponsored Links
If the boards are on a firm and level base and also not wedged in tightly between the walls, then they should not bounce at all

i laid out the boards on my prepared screed base and they didn't move much - just a little bit. then i put down the visquene and the boards move around a lot more. what am i doing wrong?

have you got to smooth out the membrane to be totally straight and flat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back