Conservatory quotes too high?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

According to the link below, a glass-roofed 4Mx4M conservatory _should_ cost up to 22K! I'm sure I've seen people post on this board before saying a ball-park figure for an average 16 or 25mm poly conservatroy should be around 8K. So even allowing for the glass roof I can't understand how this "almost impartial" site gets anywhere near the 22K figure.

Any comments gratefully received...

Sponsored Links
My view, for what its worth, is that the guides are so wide ranging they are meaningless. This is a catch-all guide.

Each site is different, man hours to build the bases can be hugely different, what is the intended use, the height, the width, whats the point of a double glazed conservatory on the back of a double glazed house? Why not consider a Sun Room? How much did that neighbours one cost that your wife likes?

I would get quotes from local established companies, as well as pricing one up for yourself.

Sponsored Links
The glass for the roof can be 'just' toughen units or all signing all dancing argon filled solar reflective self cleaning units, theres a difference of £100 a m2.

You could go for a cheapie that you cant use in the summer or the winter (too hot and too cold) or spend a bit more and have a useable home extension all year round, theres a difference of 10k for your conny.

Your choice........

This link takes you to a middle man, offering the companies that pay them the best rates :eek: do your own shopping around talk to people then make up your own mind. ps last 4 x 4 edwardian we did was iro 17k inc vat.
but as previously stated ground conditions spec etc,will all effect the final price

always remember you will get what you pay for :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back