Conservatory roof inner insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm planning on making our conservatory a little bit more habitable all year round. I'm not expecting miracles, but just something to take off the edge in the winter and a bit of help in the summer.

Looking online, there seems to be various ways, but I don't want to start drilling the glazing bars and upvc like many have. We may decide to move in 5 years time and I don't want something too permanent and don't want to damage anything!

Two ideas:

1. Going down the multifoil route. Gluing batons to the glazing bars using stixall or similar, then multifoil, baton, then clad with upvc.

2. Gluing 50mm thick insulation boards directly to the glazing bars, making good of all the edges with trims then finish with thermal lining paper and paint.

My concerns are will stixall be strong enough to hold either option? I'm edging towards number, as insulation boards have better thermal ratings. But I've read online that you cannot glue foil backed boards. Any reason why not?

Lastly, what about polysterene boards instead of insulation boards?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back