Batons for my conservatory roof DIY project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

i am giving my conservatory roof a DIY makeover. Please see attached pics for how my conservatory / conservatory roof is at present.

What i intend to to is:

1. Attach foil insulation (using foil tape) to the underside (inside of conservatory) of the polycarbonate roofing sheets

2. Attach wooden batons to the frame on the SIDES of the conservatory (on one side i will attach the baton to the WALL, which is where the outside of the house used to be)
(I want the plasterboard ceiling to be flat, rather than following the framework of the conservatory, which is why i am going to baton around the edges of the conservatory, rather than the framework of the conservatory.
conservatory11.jpg

conservatory 1.jpg

3. Fix plasterboard to the batons

4. plaster and paint the boards

My questions is this - how would you fix the wooden batons to the edge of the conservatory? The aluminum is pretty thin, so what fixings would be best?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back