Constant overflow dripping on Max Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just a quick question regarding the overflow on a maxi combi boiler.

The problem arose when our radiators started being cold at the bottom and hot at the top. I checked the pressure and it was less than 1 bar so added some water pressure taking it to 2 bar. Everything was fine but then i noticed that the overflow was dripping.

I checked the pressure and the boiler was at maximum pressure. I went back to one of the radiators and bled around 1 pint out of the system.

The pressure went back down to approx 2. So I left it at that. But the overflow was still going. the next morning i went to the pressure gauge and it was showing 0.5 so i added a slight bit to just under 1 and switched the heating back on. This time the pressure looks fine at just over 1.

But the overflow is still dripping and i can't get it to stop. Looking at the forum, could it be the pressure seal that could have gone? Would just be nice to see what it is. I need to get someone out to service it anyway.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back