Container hire (delivery and collected) storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering how much a 10/20 foot container costs for about a month plus delivery and collection?
anybody done this?

Presumably the transport is the major cost?

TIA

Sponsored Links
I’ve emailed a couple of people and am waiting for quotes but as there is a planning meeting tomorrow, we are discussing options.
I am guessing that the drop off and collection may be excessive for our budget.

Hire isn't that expensive - last ones we hired on a job (20ft, in 2020) were about £15 per week. Deliver and collection were quite expensive, though, about £150 each way on that job (about 20 miles - if you are nearer to the hire depot it will be cheaper). There was also a minimum hire period of 13 weeks. Again, those are 2020 prices and things have gone up maybe 30% to 40% since then in line with increased transport costs.

I used to be able to get containers off the docks in Liverpool (Seaforth) from £500 upwards (unrefurbished), but 65/70 miles delivery on a HIAB wagon would probably add about £500 or so to that as it becomes a 1/2 day job for them

Sponsored Links
Hire isn't that expensive - last ones we hired on a job (20ft, in 2020) were about £15 per week. Deliver and collection were quite expensive, though, about £150 each way on that job (about 20 miles - if you are nearer to the hire depot it will be cheaper). There was also a minimum hire period of 13 weeks. Again, those are 2020 prices and things have gone up maybe 30% to 40% since then in line with increased transport costs.

I used to be able to get containers off the docks in Liverpool (Seaforth) from £500 upwards (unrefurbished), but 65/70 miles delivery on a HIAB wagon would probably add about £500 or so to that as it becomes a 1/2 day job for them

Should have spoken to Slick Mick. He'd have took a ton off you and it would be yours for keeps! :whistle:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back