DRIVE EXTENTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the forum and wondered if you could help me.

I am in the middle of extending my driveway slightly.

I have dug the depth and have filled in with the large hardcore.

I now have an area which is 2.8 cubic metres ( this is made up of 4 small areas)

my areas are as follows:

area 1. = 2mtrs x 6mtrs x 150mm deep
area 2. = 3mtrs x 1mtr x 150mm deep
area 3 = 2.5mtrs x 1mtr x 150mm deep
area 4 = 3mtr x 1mtr x 150mm deep.

all the above should = 2.8 metre cubed.....if I am right.

I now need to order inch to dust (crush and run) and a whacker plate for a day, but can someone please tell me how much in tons I will have to order............you would not believe the palava I am having from builders yards. I want to get the right amount, not too much, nor too little to avoid extra deliveries, and extra hiring costs for the whacker.

Then once I have done the above, I want to mix my own concrete, not get it already mixed ( time constraints you see)

So how much materials will I need to fill the remaining holes, what mix quantities do I do it in ( ie 3 to 2 to 1)

your assistance would be much appreciated.

thanks

Ken

Sponsored Links
WELL THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH ALISTAIR....................FANTASTIC!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED

TOP MAN

REGARDS

KEN

happy to be of assistance Ken! :D

good luck with your project.

Sponsored Links
All done and dusted this weekend. Really good job ( even though I say so myself)
The calculator you sent me was spot on to the last bucket WELL IMPRESSED!

You dont have a calculator of how to put my back right after two days of 12hr slogging do you........lol :LOL:

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back