Continuous daubs of adeshive around gas pipe

So ask how deep the boards will be and go from there. If chase is needed then still just dab either edge. There is no need to completely encase the pipe. If anything it will make future repairs a PITA. If you need more info then sign up for the CC here and get involved with the gas guys. If you aren't Gas Safe registered then I have already told you too much.

Sponsored Links
I shouldnt worry 2 much by the sounds of your attitude.I think the plasterer will be walking off site followed shortly after by the painter when you start telling him how to paint,,,

Do you not fully incase the pipe in the chase with adeshive? Thought the chase should be deep enough so the pipe will be fulku encased in it when making good

Seriously mate, you are asking the same question over and over again when the answer is already there. If you aren't an RGI then you shouldn't be doing it anyway so it spent matter how deep the chase is or whether they are encased or not. Your RGI will sort all of that out for you.

If you are doing gas work on a site without being qualified then a bit of adhesive is the least of your worries!

Stop trying to leech out information for something that you are clearly not qualified or competent to be doing.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Our gas safe engineer says to fully encase the pipe in the chase with dry wall adhesive. Some on here say different though

Plumbing though have started my gas course just wanting to learn as much as as I can

Just thought without it being in a chase the steel capping to prevent nailing of the pipe would be had to fit over the pipe. Though I have never seen them use steel capping though it shows it in the gas book I have from college.

The post that just keeps giving.

I take it your tutors on your gas course have no idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back