Conundrum: Are there any limits on Separate PD Developments?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So,

I have a detached workshop built under Permitted Development onto a detached garage.

As it is more than 2m from the boundary, it has a pitched roof gable height of about 3-3.5m.

I now want to build an additional mono-pitch workshop alongside, attached to the existing garage and the workshop extension.

Technically, this new addition will also be kept within the PD rules: as this one will be less than 2m from the boundary, the overall height will be less than 2.5m height, etc..

The total sum of extensions is still less than 50% of the overall footprint, no closer to the road, etc..

The question:

Am I (as far as you can tell) OK to build this additional extension under PD as well?

The reason I ask is because if I had carried out the two extensions together at one time, then it would have not been PD and would have required Planning Approval (as they would have been considered as one extension and the ridge height was too high versus proximity to boundary).

By doing it in stages, am I violating PD/Planning or some other rules?

What else might I be missing that might affect its being built under PD rights?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I can't see there being a problem doing it in stages, like you are doing. If in doubt, ask. Speak to your LPA :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back