Convert 2 flats into a house

sq1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are interested in converting a victorian house that is currently split into 2 flats back to teh original state of 1 house.

Any guidelines (Cost, time council permission, recomended builders) would be helpful.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I can't offer any advice for your query, but if it were my query I would split it into several:

Electrics in the electrical forum, mentioning the current state of play, such as, condition of current wiring, are the flats on separate meters, any common (i.e. landlord meter) for common areas, size of house/flats/ number of floors, etc.

Plumbing in Plumbing forum - same kind of information.

Structural - in Building forum - same criteria.

Planning Permission - you guessed it, in Planning & Building Regulations with the same kind of information.

Otherwise, dealing with the whole project in one post is going to be a long winded affair and may be difficult to follow the individual trades threads. Whereas, addressing the individual trades specific questions in the appropriate forum allows you to pursue the individual avenues as required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back