Convert coaxial cable to scart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just bought a Toshiba TV to replace an old TV that’s dying. The signal to the TV is currently via a coaxial cable and the new TV does not recognise the signal (I now read from the manual it needs to go into a scart socket on the TV).
We are not in a Freeview area and our Sky box is in another room. To add to the complication, currently the signal from the digibox goes via a video recorder which we have connected to CCTV cameras which we used to be able to view on the old TV via the video’s AVs.
We have an old house and don’t really want to start running cables round the outside.
I’m hoping it is possible to get a coax/scart adapter to fit into the Toshiba TV. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
The coax output of your video will be analogue RF signal and the new TV coax input will be looking for a digital RF signal, hence it's inability to "see" the video recorder. Within the TV's set-up menu you may have the facility to set the TV to read an analogue input via the coax lead.

There is no direct conversion from coax to scart since the scart does not carry an RF signal.

Thanks Jackrae, you've given me some food for thought, atleast now I can have an educated fiddle with the TV setup!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back