Converting Electric Shower For Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment i have a Bristan Bliss 10.5 Kw electric shower, which is good but when i come to having my boiler replaced with a combi, this leaves me with an expensive to run shower compared to the cheaper hot water from a combi (and probably better flow)

For the electric shower there is only 1 pipe coming down through the wall for the mains cold water (and the cable) but if i were to change to a mixer then i'd obviously need 2 pipes for hot and cold. Short of removing the tiles trying not to break them, running another pipe, finding mathcing tiles to replace etc etc. Or running pipes on the surface :( is there any other product which i could use instead?

I was thinking a remote controlled mixer in the loft with the outlet pipe coming down the wall with some kind of outlet valve like you get on concealed showers.

is that even possible?

Sponsored Links
or ... would it be easier better just to get a set of bath taps with a shower hose attachment ... hmmmmmmmmm that does seem to make logical sense ...

You could have this: ( expensive )
http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/digital-s...tal-shower-with-adjustable-head/?product=6384

Or hack off wall tiles where you want pipe to go and retile with nice colour tiles, pattern tiles and trim ( too much work )

Or remove electric shower and replace bath taps with mixer with shower rod and head ( cheaper cost ). Still need to fine matching tiles to repair hole left by electric shower.

Daniel.

ouch, that is expensive, i could probably have all the tiles replaced for less than that!

i would be happy to leave the electric shower box in place, just in case of an emergency.

i think the shower / bath tap idea might be easiest and cheapest, it might not look amazing having a hose trailing up the wall but i'm sure i could live with it :)

Sponsored Links
I would keep the Electric Shower you have...

...with a combi you have all your eggs in one basket... if it goes wrong you have no heat or hot water. With the electric shower you at least would be able to have a hot shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back