A Little confused by Shower when using a Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

We are looking to update our very dated bathroom.

Its quite small so to save space we have opted for a quadrant shower cubicle.

We originally were going to fit an electric shower but think a "shower tower" would be better suited due to corner fitment.

all the shower towers i have seen are mixer showers and can run directly off a combi boiler (or have said not to etc) my fear is lack of pressure and the shower water just trickling out.

will a mixer shower running off combi hot water and mains cold produce as good a shower as an electric (8.5 kw) shower?

thanks
ian

Sponsored Links
t121anf said:
Will a mixer shower running off combi hot water and mains cold produce as good a shower as an electric (8.5 kw) shower?

You should get nearly twice as much flow with a combi mixer if your pressure is ok :D

Rather surprisingly you have not told us the make and model of your combi boiler.

Most combinations will probably work together as long as the combi has a hot water temperature control knob. Those older ( or cheaper ) ones may well cause a problem as they dont control the temperature so well.

Tony

Sponsored Links
unfortunately I dont know the combi boiler details, i'll post them tonight (when home) once i have looked at the boiler.

the boiler does have water temperature control.

this is one of the towers we are thinking of http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/189-16312

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back