Converting Old System To S-Plan - Do I Need A Bypass?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

My old but extremely reliable system is a bit inefficient, because the HW has to be on if the CH is on. I want to add a second 2 port valve on the HW primaries, and a cyl stat to make it S-Plan.

As the 2 port valves have microswitches that only turn pump and boiler on when they are open, and the Concord WRS boiler doesn't have an overrun, do I need to put a bypass on the system? Also, can I keep my Potterton EP3002 programmer if I change to S-Plan?

(Feed and vent pipes not shown in diagram)

Sponsored Links
You do need a bypass on an "S" plan although in your case with a boiler without an over run it will not do much unless there is a fault. However, it will be in place for when your old boiler is replaced ( soon or under the scrappage scheme ).

I think that you will be able to continue to use your programmer.

Tony

I would fit one if it were mine, especially if there are TRVs on the rads.

Sponsored Links
Thats OK.

While the system is drained it might be a good idea to take the opportunity to fit some TRVs.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back