What Changes Needed To Change Gravity HW To Pumped Y Plan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Concord WRS (Ieal) boiler, Potterton EP 3002 progranner on a gravity HW, pumped heating system.

If I wanted to change it to pumped Y plan (I may also change boiler to a Broag), do I just have to change the flow pipework to fit a mid pos. valve, and add a Y plan pack (wiring centre, programmer, stats, etc)? Or is there more to it?

What other changes would be needed? For instance, would I need to add a bypass, or if the Broag was fitted, would it alrady have a bypass?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
That's a bit of a challenge on a forum. It would take all afternoon to type an answer to that. (at the speed I type anyway) Here's a link to a website that will give you the basic information you require. The boiler manuals will advise regarding the by-pass.

I suggest you read it, then if you have a specific question or two, post them on the forum. Click here for plumbing and wiring info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back