replace semi gravity with fully pumped boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an old semi pumped gravity Hw/Heating system powered by an Ideal mexico floor standing boiler on the ground floor. I am going to replace the boiler with a glowworm boiler and change the system to Y plan.
My question is can I fit the pump and 3 way valve on the ground floor with the boiler as all pipes for HW and CH are located here ? At the moment the feed and vent for the old system is located on the HW tank on the first floor would I need to change these ? any help greatly received.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes to the location of pump and valve

Yes to the altering of the feed and vent. These need to be Tee'd in between the boiler flow connection and the pump

thanks for your reply, with regard to the vent pipe does this need to rise continuously, the reason I ask is that my path from the boiler will be a rise of 200mm then 90 bend followed by 3mtr horizontal another 90 then 2mtr horizontal then the rise of 4 mtrs to the tank. and the feed will follow this same route to the boiler. thanks again for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back