Changing from W to Y plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently have a baxi bermuda on a W-plan, and the divertor is knackered so thinking whether its worth changing to a y-plan as options I have is HW or CH & HW. I need to change wiring on old system anyway, as its in the wrong place and chance to change old controller (Danfoss 3020p)

I have a V40441098 divertor, can this be changed with a 3-port valve for y-plan?

Sponsored Links
Currently have a baxi bermuda on a W-plan ...options I have is HW or CH & HW.
Then you don't have a W plan, which is CH or HW, with HW having priority.

I have a V40441098 divertor
This is the correct valve for a W Plan, but it will only allow CH orHW.

Are you sure you can get CH and HW at the same time? Or is it just that the only options on the Danfoss 3020p are HW, or HW and CH, so you assume that is what you are getting?

If you want to convert to a Y plan, you will need to change the Danfoss to two channel programmer.

Currently have a baxi bermuda on a W-plan ...options I have is HW or CH & HW.
Then you don't have a W plan, which is CH or HW, with HW having priority.

I have a V40441098 divertor
This is the correct valve for a W Plan, but it will only allow CH orHW.

Are you sure you can get CH and HW at the same time? Or is it just that the only options on the Danfoss 3020p are HW, or HW and CH, so you assume that is what you are getting?

If you want to convert to a Y plan, you will need to change the Danfoss to two channel programmer.

You are correct, I was just going with what was on the danfoss controller. I have already purchased a Grasslin QEG-2 controller which I hope is ok for y-plan.

Which 3-port would I need to directly replace the divertor? Honeywell v4073a1054?

Thanks

The Grasslin is OK, but it uses the same timings for CH and HW. So you can't have the cylinder heating up from 4am to 6am and the CH on from 6am to 8am. For that you need a programmer with two timebases, e.g Honeywell ST9400A (24 hr) or ST9400C (7 day).

The V4073A is what you need. Which version depends on the pipe size.

22mm = 1039
28mm = 1088

Sponsored Links
The Grasslin is OK, but it uses the same timings for CH and HW. So you can't have the cylinder heating up from 4am to 6am and the CH on from 6am to 8am. For that you need a programmer with two timebases, e.g Honeywell ST9400A (24 hr) or ST9400C (7 day).

The V4073A is what you need. Which version depends on the pipe size.

22mm = 1039
28mm = 1088

Perfect, I'll have to get another programmer

Currently my divertor valve looks like 3/4", pic below. Excuse the cruddy mark on the pump, had a faulty valve which was leaking, and a broken drain valve and now fixed

Currently my divertor valve looks like 3/4"
You are quite correct. The V4044c1098 is a 3/4" valve, so the Y Plan equivalent is the V4073A1054.

You said the existing valve is knackered. How badly? Is there a small bump on the top of the metal cover?

Currently my divertor valve looks like 3/4"
You are quite correct. The V4044c1098 is a 3/4" valve, so the Y Plan equivalent is the V4073A1054.

You said the existing valve is knackered. How badly? Is there a small bump on the top of the metal cover?

No bump but the top cover is loose and just lifts off. When on auto, the heating didn't work, only hot water.

New valve arrived today, just waiting for Honeywell programmer to come and I can get this all fitted. Need to re-run cabling as well, as power came from downstairs with danfoss 3020p next to it, and looked all messy. To make life easier, I'll put a new wiring centre box in with a new power supply and move the programmer upstairs, and just run 4-core from junction box down to back boiler

Thanks again for help

Should have updated sooner, but new valve in and all wired up. System is working great. I added a lock shield gate valve in the return from cylinder to help balance system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back