Conveyance fees a rip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am selling a flat and going through some quotations. Anyone has some experience with the conveyance solicitor fees?

In one quote, I have:

Additional Fees
Leasehold Supplement £174.00
Fee for acting for Lender £210.00
Electronic Identification Administration Fee £30.00
Professional Indemnity Supplement £102.00
Administration Costs £60.00
Bank Transfer Administration Fee £46.80
Digital Onboarding Administration fee £12.00
Disbursements Office Copy Entries £12.00

The fees shown include VAT. Would you say I will get murdered by the "Bank Transfer Administration Fee"? I don't know how many transfers there will be. Anything else looks like a rip? Other than the seller, how many people will go through "Electronic Identification"?

Sponsored Links
I am selling a flat and going through some quotations. Anyone has some experience with the conveyance solicitor fees?

In one quote, I have:

Additional Fees

The fees shown include VAT. Would you say I will get murdered by the "Bank Transfer Administration Fee"? I don't know how many transfers there will be. Anything else looks like a rip? Other than the seller, how many people will go through "Electronic Identification"?
I saw the word 'conveyance' and knew immediately that you were paying out to greedy morons, that haven't the first clue about buildings, Building Regulations or anything remotely connected to what is supposed to be their expertise. They have to be the most useless and expensive idiots on the planet.

Maybe they know it all but pretend not to because that pays. No use crying, you have to pay to get past GO.

Sponsored Links

In one quote, I have:

Additional Fees

Is this a serious request for shared experience, or do you just want to casually get it out there that you have this odd flat to shave off your property portfolio?

In the first instance, you feel the need to ask the internettys?

In the second instance, you have just confirmed to the t'internets that you don't don't do this very often do you?

In the third instance . . . Run, don't walk away, from this conveyance service.

Get multiple quotes from multiple Local Solicitors.
Do not use online Conveyancing firms.

Looks like the bank fee will be on top of the CHAPs fees in that one ;)
Professional indemnity as an extra? o_O Cake and eat it, surely.

EDIT MSE has a dedicated sub forum for such stuff - go there to have a look-see?

EDIT MSE has a dedicated sub forum for such stuff - go there to have a look-see?
Well, it's not too bad here. Already, I have experienced people giving me tips.

The legal fee is cheaper, and so they are clawing back through the additional fees. They can only charge insurance once. So, that isn't too scary.

Is this a serious request for shared experience, or do you just want to casually get it out there that you have this odd flat to shave off your property portfolio?

In the first instance, you feel the need to ask the internettys?

In the second instance, you have just confirmed to the t'internets that you don't don't do this very often do you?

In the third instance . . . Run, don't walk away, from this conveyance service.
Why wouldn't I be asking? I ask stuff all the time.

Run, I would if you tell me why.

Wait until you freeholder agency gets wind and wants £200+VAT for an information pack, that basically tells you what the lease says.

Why wouldn't I be asking? I ask stuff all the time.

Run, I would if you tell me why.
I don't know how long you have left on this world, I don't know at what stage of your life you may find yourself.

If you are in the dawn, then you are young, foolish & know no better, if you are in the twighlight then you are stupid. Whatever age you happen to be, place yourself somewhere on the scale between them.

I don't know how long you have left on this world, I don't know at what stage of your life you may find yourself.

If you are in the dawn, then you are young, foolish & know no better, if you are in the twighlight then you are stupid. Whatever age you happen to be, place yourself somewhere on the scale between them.
Run, not because of the fees? But you and I are going to the same place. The russians will ensure it.

Sponsored Links
Back