Cooker Hood external ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking about putting a conservatory on the rear of my house (6 years old). Problem I have is the cooker hood external vent would be within the structure of the conservatory, I understand that this is not permitted? Does anybody have any solutions or ideas to resolve this issue?

Sponsored Links
No you can't vent into the cons. it will stink of cooking & grease will congeal on the ceiling panels. I had the same problem; luckily my joist run was in the right direction to allow ducting above the ceiling between the joists to an adjacent external wall (Marley rectangular ducting). If you’re not so lucky with the joists, all you can do is duct below the ceiling & box it in but obviously this may be noticeable.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately my ventilation is already concealed within the ceiling. My cooker is not on the external wall but against an internal wall opposite the external wall, with the ducting already through the ceiling to the external vent. What to do? :confused:

Sponsored Links
What to do? :confused:
Move the cooker to another external wall :?:

You could go up through the cons roof or sideways through the cons wall but it's going to look rather naff & duct runs over 3 metres can be problematic unless you have a really good extract fan. You could fit a recirculation hood over the cooker to take car of grease etc. & fit a wall mounted fan into another external wall but the required extract rate is higher in order to meet Building Regs. not a good solution IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back